Solved - Debian update - keyboard unresponsive

Lennart Sorensen lsorense-1wCw9BSqJbv44Nm34jS7GywD8/FfD2ys at public.gmane.org
Wed Oct 26 16:31:26 UTC 2011

On Wed, Oct 26, 2011 at 11:57:28AM -0400, Russell Reiter wrote:
> What I like about Linux is that there is more than one way to fix
> stuff. Udev is apparently working now. It looks to me like this one
> init script was fouling up by initializing udev before /dev/null was
> created.

The problem appears to be that some people end up with udev starting
both in rcS.d and rc2.d.  Starting udev twice does NOT work.

On the other hand starting udev in rcS.d and stopping it in rc2.d does
not fix things.  Sure it means you don't start udev twice, but it also
means you end up with udev not running at all.  What you want it udev
running exactly once.  That means starting in rcS.d only, and not in
rc[2345].d.  Not starting is not the same as stopping.

--
Len Sorensen