Harddisk prices... going up?

Alexander Short Alexander.Short-V7Ve2fXh0sTQT0dZR+AlfA at public.gmane.org
Tue Oct 25 20:45:12 UTC 2011

Got this from my Insight rep...

Dear valued client,

We want to make you aware of recent world events that could impact your upcoming technology purchases. Due to the monsoon weather and subsequent flooding that is currently devastating parts of Thailand, Insight is anticipating a major hard drive shortage. Insight's procurement team is working proactively to secure an adequate product supply and minimize the impact of this disaster on any upcoming hard drive needs you may have.

Information about the impact of this event:

Western Digital has reported that this disaster has affected operations in Thailand which account for about 25 percent of the world's hard drive manufacturing

Seagate is also affected and is predicting shortages

Insight is actively placing stocking orders with our distribution partners to increase our current hard drive inventory

While the effects of this hard drive shortage are being assessed and addressed, you may experience delays in product availability and potential price impacts. We regret that we cannot entirely mitigate these risks and their impact on your procurement plans. However, be assured that Insight will continue to work proactively to minimize the potential impact of this hard drive shortage on your organization. We value your business and will continue to partner with you during this situation.

Thank you for your continued partnership.

--

Alexander Short
Associate Director, IT Operations

Iovate Health Sciences Inc.
381 North Service Road West
Oakville, ON L6M 0H4
www.iovate.com
E-mail: alexander.short at iovate.com
Phone: 905.678.4024
Toll-Free: 1.888.334.4448 x 4024
Cell: 416.317.9924

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE:
This electronic transmission and any attachments hereto are intended for the
confidential use of the individual or entity to which it is addressed and may
contain confidential information belonging to Iovate. You are hereby notified
that any disclosure, copying, distribution or the taking of any action, based on
the contents of this electronic transmission and without Iovate’s express
authorization, is strictly prohibited. If you have reason to believe that you
have received this transmission in error, please notify immediately by return
e-mail and delete and destroy this communication.

[Sent from a BlackBerry Wireless Device]