Which Linux distro do you use at work?

Howard Gibson hgibson-MwcKTmeKVNQ at public.gmane.org
Tue Oct 25 03:12:36 UTC 2011

On Mon, 24 Oct 2011 10:33:02 -0400
lsorense-1wCw9BSqJbv44Nm34jS7GywD8/FfD2ys at public.gmane.org (Lennart Sorensen) wrote:

> >    I use Windows XP Professional at work because that is what they put on my desktop.  My primary application is SolidWorks.
>
> Well I suppose by the time SolidWorks 2013 comes out you will get an
> upgrade since XP support is history by then. :)

Lennart,

   We just upgraded from SW2007 to SW2011.  We were held up because our PDM runs off the same database as our accounting software, and they only upgraded that recently.  We are at the end of a chain.

   The first Linux I ever tested was Yggdrasil.  All I did was run the CDROM.  The first Linux I installed was a version of Slackware, with the 1.2.13 kernel.

--
Howard Gibson
hgibson-MwcKTmeKVNQ at public.gmane.org
howard.gibson-PadmjKOQAFnQT0dZR+AlfA at public.gmane.org