Debian update - keyboard unresponsive

Russell Reiter rreiter91-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Sun Oct 23 12:13:03 UTC 2011

I helped an older retired gentleman switch from MS to linux. I got a call
from him, his keyboard has stopped working. I told him how to initialize the
on screen keyboard for now.

I had added Wheezy to the apt repository catalog and apparantly, from what
I've read so far, something in that update has broken udev rules for usb
devices. However the keyboard is a PS2 connection.

Has anyone else experienced this?  I'm heading up there today to help with
this and any input would be appreciated.

Russell