Resume from Sleep/Hibernation

Alex Volkov avolkov-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Sat Oct 22 21:41:57 UTC 2011

Hey Alex,

I had a similar problem with my thinkpad laptop. In my case though,
sleep worked flawlessly  but hibernation failed. I don't remember exact
steps, but on the debian system, re-running the following command and
fiddling with parameters helped:

# dpkg-reconfigure uswsusp

This is kind of obvious, but if you running off SSD, you still need to
have swap partition for hibernation to work.
If you are using any proprietary drivers i.e. video card drivers -- I
have nvidia on my desktop and the weird issue I had some time ago, the
system will hibernate only once, also if you are using non-free firmware
you will have to blacklist it in one of the  uswsusp config files so the
module will be reloaded for each hibernate/wakeup. Strangely in my case
wireless module correctly wakes up from sleep but not hibernation.

I hope that helps.

Alex.