Fedora Core 15 Fonts

Michael Hill mdhillca-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Sat Oct 22 19:37:47 UTC 2011

On Sat, Oct 22, 2011 at 11:04 AM, D. Hugh Redelmeier <hugh-pmF8o41NoarQT0dZR+AlfA at public.gmane.org> wrote:

> I'm running Fedora 15 (no longer called Fedora Core) on my desktop.
> But only for a month.  I'm not really thrilled by the new Gnome
> desktop.  Maybe in F16 (next month, I presume) it will be better.

I'm running the F16 beta with GNOME 3.2.  It's a 6-year-old ThinkPad
with an nVidia GeForce card, so it uses the nouveau driver by default.
 The desktop fonts are broken up in some places.  I'm told nVidia's
proprietary driver available from the RPM Fusion site fixes
everything, but it's not available yet for my GeForce card on the
latest kernel.

I have no such issues with GNOME 3.2 on openSUSE, with either nouveau
or the free radeon driver (both on newer hardware).

Mike