Which Linux distro do you use at work?

Jason Nicolaides voidpointer-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Thu Oct 20 16:48:58 UTC 2011

At home, on my main desktop, I was running Debian but then switched to
Ubuntu (Xubuntu to be exact).
My one laptop is currently running Fedora but I am going to wipe it and
install Slackware when I get the chance (or maybe I'll try Arch again...)
My other, work laptop is running Xubuntu as well.
My desktop at work is a Mac Pro running Lion...(I work at an advertising
firm and have to support the Macs with Remote Desktop).

As far as distributions go I have run a smattering of everything from RedHat
6 when I first tried Linux back in '98 to Debian for a very long time to
trying out Fedora, Mint, Arch, Slackware and Ubuntu.

I am very proud to say that none of my personal computers run a Windows OS.

Cheers,
Jason

On 20 October 2011 12:34, David van Geest <david.vangeest-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org> wrote:

> On Thu, Oct 20, 2011 at 9:28 AM, D. Hugh Redelmeier <hugh-pmF8o41NoarQT0dZR+AlfA at public.gmane.org>
> wrote:
> > | From: Jason Shaw <grazer-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org>
> >
> > | Ubuntu and Debian on home machines with Ubuntu on my station at work
> and
> > | nearly all servers running RHEL or CentOS.
> >
> > I thought that the RHEL license made it hard to run both RHEL and
> > CentOS at a site.  Note: this is a half-memory, I could easily be
> > wrong.
> >
> > The idea was that RHEL always involves support and they don't want to
> > have you pay for one machine but get, in effect, support for a bunch.
>
> I'm not too sure about the licensing, but we run CentOS locally and
> RHEL on our Rackspace machines.

"Surround yourself with all you own,
Work your fingers to the bone,
And happiness evades you still..."