Which Linux distro do you use at work?

Zbigniew Koziol softquake-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Thu Oct 20 14:54:45 UTC 2011

On 20/10/11 06:50 PM, William Park wrote:
> Just curious... which Linux distro do you use at work?
>
> I use Slackware at home and Redhat at work.  One disadvantage is that I can't easily transfer knowledge between home and work, because it usually involves distro specific things.  So, I want to find out Redhat's market percentage in GTA.

Oh, I am not in GTA, but from there...

Last time in Pickering I used CentOs. Now, in Russia, I still use it.
Not that it is better in anyway but because I know it better. So, all
the computers we have in our research lab I work in Russia at university
are with Centos. Recentely, I started to work for a private high school.
I mounted CentOs there as well ;) Schoolboys and schoolgirls do not even
seem to care what kind of operating system is there. They just use them
and even, in some cases, are able to figure out better than myself how
to change configuration ;)

zb.