AMD Bulldozer vs. Intel i7-2600 -- I don't get it!

Stewart C. Russell scruss-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Fri Oct 14 00:41:01 UTC 2011

On 11-10-13 14:49 , James Knott wrote:

> OS/2 and it's apps were multithreaded 20 years ago

OS/2 Warp's multithreadedness is the reason I've used Linux since 1995.
I bought Warp, but its file manager had a delightful and pretty
fork-bomb (a window would open, then a view would open inside that, then
one would open inside that, until the thing ran out of resources and
fell over). Since I'd spent my entire software budget on Warp, I tried
an early Slackware distro, and the rest is ...

cheers,
 Stewart