[TLUG-ANNOUNCE]: FSOSS: Oct. 27-29th, Cheap Tickets End Oct 8th

Scott Sullivan scott-lxSQFCZeNF4 at public.gmane.org
Fri Oct 7 22:21:57 UTC 2011

On 10/07/2011 06:06 PM, Giles Orr wrote:
> On 6 October 2011 14:09, Scott Sullivan<scott-lxSQFCZeNF4 at public.gmane.org>  wrote:
>> Just a reminder to all that the Free Software and Open Source Symposium is
>> coming up.
>>
>> Currently admission is only $40 for the three days, but only till the end of
>> October 8th.
>>
>> If you some how miss that, GTALug members will also be eligible to enter in
>> a Raffle for free Admission to the Event. This will take place at our AGM on
>> the 11th and any member present at the meeting can enter.
>>
>> http://fsoss.senecac.on.ca/2011/
>> *
>> FSOSS October 27-29th, 2011*.
>>
>> at the Seneca at York Campus, Toronto
>>
>> Register:
>> https://matrix.senecac.on.ca:8443/fsoss/fsoss/register2011.php
> The registration address is inaccessible through both Toronto Public
> Library's internal network and through TPL's public wireless.  I'll
> try tonight through teksavvy.  We suspect the TPL IT department
> doesn't allow https: on a non-standard port, but I'm not in IT so I'm
> not sure.  And I have no explanation, not even a gues, for the failure
> on the TPL wireless ... unless the server has been down for more than
> 24 hours (I've tried several times).

Evening Giles & Whom Else it concerns.

I can confirm that the site was working when I sent the message out, and
is working currently.

In the past when using the TPL Public Wireless I've not been able to use
ssh on anything but the standard port. (Causing me to leapfrog though
another server at times to get to my destination).

The do tend to run a very inters testing Ship out there, tightened in
all the odd places.

--
Scott Sullivan