[TLUG-ANNOUNCE]: FSOSS: Oct. 27-29th, Cheap Tickets End Oct 8th

Giles Orr gilesorr-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Fri Oct 7 22:06:19 UTC 2011

On 6 October 2011 14:09, Scott Sullivan <scott-lxSQFCZeNF4 at public.gmane.org> wrote:
> Just a reminder to all that the Free Software and Open Source Symposium is
> coming up.
>
> Currently admission is only $40 for the three days, but only till the end of
> October 8th.
>
> If you some how miss that, GTALug members will also be eligible to enter in
> a Raffle for free Admission to the Event. This will take place at our AGM on
> the 11th and any member present at the meeting can enter.
>
> http://fsoss.senecac.on.ca/2011/
> *
> FSOSS October 27-29th, 2011*.
>
> at the Seneca at York Campus, Toronto
>
> Register:
> https://matrix.senecac.on.ca:8443/fsoss/fsoss/register2011.php

The registration address is inaccessible through both Toronto Public
Library's internal network and through TPL's public wireless.  I'll
try tonight through teksavvy.  We suspect the TPL IT department
doesn't allow https: on a non-standard port, but I'm not in IT so I'm
not sure.  And I have no explanation, not even a gues, for the failure
on the TPL wireless ... unless the server has been down for more than
24 hours (I've tried several times).

--
Giles
http://www.gilesorr.com/