Richard M. Stallman is glad Jobs is gone

Ushnish Sengupta ushnish.sengupta-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Fri Oct 7 18:30:24 UTC 2011

On CBC Metro Morning, the tech columnist Jesse Hirsh was fairly critical of
how Apple under Steve Jobs was very "closed" e.g. not supportive of open
source software or hardware.

It was an appropriate critique as it was in the context of a holistic and
mostly positive review of Steve Jobs legacy.

The main comment that sticks in my mind was:
Steve Jobs used the closedness of Apple in a relatively benign way.  The
next person with that level of power may not be so benign.

The podcast is available at:
http://www.cbc.ca/podcasting/includes/metromorning.xml

Ushnish