Richard M. Stallman is glad Jobs is gone

Ted ted.leslie-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Fri Oct 7 18:18:40 UTC 2011

On 10/07/2011 02:11 PM, Lennart Sorensen wrote:
> On Fri, Oct 07, 2011 at 01:42:41PM -0400, Thomas Milne wrote:
>> Seriously?? Can't he keep his mouth shut for 3 seconds? Guy needs to
>> learn to choose his battles.
>>
>> http://stallman.org/archives/2011-jul-oct.html#06_October_2011_(Steve_Jobs)
> Stallman is quite the nut job.
>
> Unfortunately I think I actually agree with him for once.  Eek.  Not a
> very nice way to say it though.
>
> I do actually have a vague hope Apple just might become a nicer company
> now, but I am not very optimistic.

As much as Jobs was a fairly big freedom hater, Apple may get even worst
without him, because they are probably facing desperate
times ahead, with competition (fair competition), and my guess is they
will become strictly a  "levy lawsuits" company, and try to milk
what they have for as long as they can before hanging it up.

I am probably different then most people on sizing up Jobs legacy, to
me, its 99.9999% apple I apple ][, Lisa, and  Mac (so basically work
until 1986 or so),
and .000001% since then. Most people (typical consumer) it is probably
the opposite, and the ipad, iphone and ipad are where they give Jobs the
nod,
which I think is very very flawed.

-tl