Droid issues - Legacy Bash IFS var clobbering VLIW offset?

Stewart C. Russell scruss-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Fri Nov 25 14:34:46 UTC 2011

On 11-11-25 08:30 , Russell Reiter wrote:

> Retrograde or cornerstone of a plain language type?

ASCII doesn't support long S (“beſt in claſs!”), eth or thorn, and those
were cornerstones of plain language once.

> If people have a right to agree to disagree, they should have the
> right for that message to get through.

To get through, or be understood? ;-)

Plain text is tough; see tchrist's comment on “unicode - Why does modern
Perl avoid UTF-8 by default?”
<http://stackoverflow.com/questions/6162484/why-does-modern-perl-avoid-utf-8-by-default/6163129#6163129>

> Hell if I can ever get my matter transmitter working, I'll be pitching
> lineotype slugs at this list.

Let's keep it RoHS compliant, please. There may be readers in Europe or
California, bless their little tin whiskers and brains unfogged by lead.

  Stewart