phone debugging

Phone rreiter91-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Mon Nov 21 00:25:01 UTC 2011

Thank's Jamon I just installed k9 to give it a try. I understand the reasoning put forth in the thread in respect of defaulting to base 64 encoding re: the problem being mostly in north america, but if I use a product which has a toggle to send in plain text, I kind of expect stuff to go in plain text.

Thank's to all who posted headers and other info, it makes for some interesting reading.

As far as the problem was panning out, this is what I was starting to consider, with not necessarily the most silly at the top of the list. Unknowns make me wary. ; )

Anyway here they are, the top N reasons my phone was getting so noisy:

1) It was infested with Tolls.

2) It was hacked by Austin Powers international man of mystery, for reasons of industrial espionage or national security.

3) Tom Christiansen told usenet "if you find yourself calling cat with just one argument, then you're probably doing something you shouldn't," and he slipped in a perl one liner that changed all the newlines to CRLF just to piss every one off.

4) Java is broken but we use it anyway. (Kind of like microshaft.)

5) IO::Socket would have been too easy:
$socket = new IO: :Socket: :INET (PeerAddr => $remote_host, PeerPort => $remote_port, Proto => "tcp", Type => SOCK_STREAM)
or die "Can't connect to $remote_host : $remote_port : $!\n";

6) A PST was given to us by the NDP is too irreverent a way to remember how to hack the OSI stack.

Four more and we could send this to Letterman, assuming he's not depracated yet.

I'm going to try k9 before I try rooting the phone and installing ssh and mutt or pine.

Actually if anybody is really interested in what I think the problem is, I feel its something to do with the mua's impatience while the mta connects and deals with syncing the buffer write. The UA's just being a little dopy and snarfing up data that should be directed to /dev/null. This is causing the schisim between the mime header and other content.
My 02 cents anyway.

Jamon Camisso <jamon.camisso-H217xnMUJC0sA/PxXw9srA at public.gmane.org> wrote:

On 11/20/2011 01:52 PM, Russ wrote:
> This is from my device hopefully with no sig, I like to stay anon anyway. If resetting the parent to utf-8 is what drop's my noise i'll be happy.
>
> I note the following from the link's you sent. I copied them in order to test the pattern buffer. Perhaps apache has something say re: line 811 raw mode {@link
>

> ** @param is the stream to parse.* @throws IOException on I/O errors.
>
> in raw mode all future entities* (messages or body parts) in the stream will be reported to the* {@link
>
> ContentHandler#raw(InputStream) handler method only.* The stream will contain the entire unparsed entity contents* including header fields and whatever is in the body.
>
> ARM architecture looks pretty raw to me. I'm now going to try and forward a link from the news app which gave rise to this thread and hope some obscure forking expect isnt running off the stack and clobbering parts of the buffer on send.

Here's the official bug, from 2009 and still unresolved.. Sounds like K9
is the best option:

http://code.google.com/p/android/issues/detail?id=2630

Jamon
--