joining multiple PDFs into one

Thomas Milne thomas.bruce.milne-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Wed Nov 16 02:37:45 UTC 2011

Here's the problem right here: you are completely wrong.

cat file1 file2 > file will give you, with a compliant file type, the
contents of _both_ file1 and file2. It will NOT overwrite the contents
of file1 with file2. Using >> is for when the outfile already exists
and you want to append to it instead of overwriting.

--
Thomas Milne