joining multiple PDFs into one

Russell Reiter rreiter91-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Tue Nov 15 22:25:29 UTC 2011

<snip previous cat fight>

>   Anyone who aliases a standard command to anything that changes its
>   basic behaviour deserves all the grief they can get. (I know some
>   distros do that, but it's still stupid -- and sometimes dangerous!)
>
>   'clobber on > and append on >>' is the standard behaviour.
>
>   If noclobber is set, then both will fail if file3.pdf exists and
>   succeed if it doesn't.

I understand this is the convention. I have however been trying to
figure out the etymological, for lack of a better word, path from
which my distros of interest have sprung. Some apparantly have
stronger BSD like features than others. People with a lot more
enterprise experience than I have know the in's and outs of these
things. For the most part, I'm just a good hardware troubleshooter.
Any programming I know is purely accidential which also seems to be
the convention of unix

I did dig out my old copy of unix power tools to try and figure out
how I'm going to deal with an event driven kernel and programmable
login features. Where in userspace these features are going to happen,
seem to be popping up as bugs all over the place. I was trying to look
up a bit of history on teaching versions of unix and I found the
entirity of unix is the teaching version.