OT Star news story

Lennart Sorensen lsorense-1wCw9BSqJbv44Nm34jS7GywD8/FfD2ys at public.gmane.org
Wed Nov 9 16:21:02 UTC 2011

On Wed, Nov 09, 2011 at 11:13:50AM -0500, Slack Rat wrote:
> Lennart Sorensen a écrit profondement:
>
> | OK, I figured it out.  It is the mailing list software that messed it up.
>
> It works OK with slack/emacs/gnus using seamonkey to load URLs

Well the email is in fact corrupt.  You are supposed to see the tlug
footer at the bottom, and you don't.

Some mail clients ignore the corrupt bit, and some in fact try to decode
the corrupt bit and show garbage.

Either way the mailing list software corrupted the message because of
its encoding.

There is no correct way to deal with the resulting message.

--
Len Sorensen