Gmail Backup

Syed Faisal Akber faisal-nMFrlatgk0VeoWH0uzbU5w at public.gmane.org
Sun Nov 6 12:39:43 UTC 2011

Have you tried fetchmail?  It is very similar in nature but should
work to pull all of your e-mail from a remote IMAP/POP server.

Also, you can also look at writing an application in python to use the
API to pull down all of the e-mail without using IMAP/POP.  That
method will also allow you to backup everything including Docs,
Calendar, etc...

Faisal Akber