Graphical bootloader /w mouse support

Scott Elcomb psema4-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Wed Nov 2 16:37:00 UTC 2011

On Wed, Nov 2, 2011 at 12:22 PM, Tyler Aviss <tjaviss-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org> wrote:
> Hey all,
>
> I have a decent amount of experience configuring GRUB(2)/LILO as
> bootloaders, but seem to remember that there were bootloader(s) out
> there with mouse support.
> Perhaps my memory is rusty, but would anyone happen to know of any
> such bootloaders, and where I could find documentation on them?

There's an old project that I remember, called XOSL but it's more of
an extension than a real bootloader.  It doesn't appear to have been
worked on for about 10 years, and requires DOS and a FAT partition.
Here's some screenshots:

<http://www2.arnes.si/~fkomar/xosl.org/shots.html>

If you're feeling ambitious, you could always write one starting with
something like <http://stackoverflow.com/questions/2120297/develop-a-bootloader-in-assembly>
and adding in a mouse driver derived from
<http://wiki.osdev.org/Mouse_Input>

I'd be interested in hearing about other alternatives as well. ;-)

--
  Scott Elcomb
  @psema4 on Twitter / Identi.ca

  Atomic OS: Self Contained Microsystems