Mouse not working until second login

Tyler Aviss tjaviss-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Wed Nov 2 16:27:23 UTC 2011

I'm thinking that this is somewhat unrelated to the previous
uDev/keyboard issues that have been discussed recently, but it brought
to mind a problem I've been having with one of my desktops.

When the ubuntu desktop first boots up and I log in (or it
auto-logs-in if I leave it), the mouse is initially a little
apathetic. Sometimes I can click icons, sometimes it doesn't work.
Opening firefox is decided finicky in regards to mouse/keyboard input
in dialogs etc.

If I log out, then log in again at the GDM login screen (same user or
otherwise), everything works just fine after that. Since there
shouldn't be any udev restarts across X sessions, I don't think it's
related to the previously mentioned keyboard problems, but it has been
an irritation on this one desktop for awhile...

Any ideas?

--
Tyler Aviss
Systems Support

"Computers don't make mistakes. They can, however, execute those
provided to them very quickly"