Empty $_SESSION files???

Stephen W. Clarke stephenc-wtWqQT8woy8 at public.gmane.org
Wed Nov 2 10:24:30 UTC 2011

Kevin,

Thanks for the suggestions. The php.ini file is configured as you suggest:
session.save_handler =files
session.use_only_cookies = 1

The privileges on the specified path are set to 770 for root:apache

If it helps I'm using PHP 5.3.6 and apache2 on CentOS 5.6

stephen

> On 11-11-01 08:22 PM, Stephen W. Clarke wrote:
>> My apache web server just dropped the ability to store a PHP $_SESSION
>> cookie.
>> All the files is /var/lib/php/sessions are empty.
>
> Check /etc/php5/apache2/php.ini and see if you have:
> 	session.save_handler =files
> or perhaps you have:
> 	session.use_only_cookies = 1
>
> Scroll a bit further down and see what path is set for saving session
> data.
> Check permissions on the specified directory. Make sure it is writable by
> the webserver.

Stephen W. Clarke
Marketing and Communications Officer
Nray Services Inc.