Empty $_SESSION files???

Stephen W. Clarke stephenc-wtWqQT8woy8 at public.gmane.org
Wed Nov 2 00:41:19 UTC 2011

Len,

They look OK to me. Not that I know for sure.
The directory is set to root:apache and all the files in the directory are
apache:apache

If the permissions were wrong would I still get a file?
The session creates a file it just has no content. It's zero bytes.

The last session file with content is time-stamped at 7:46pm tonight?

Stephen

> On Tue, Nov 01, 2011 at 08:22:23PM -0400, Stephen W. Clarke wrote:
>> My apache web server just dropped the ability to store a PHP $_SESSION
>> cookie.
>> All the files is /var/lib/php/sessions are empty.
>>
>> Any suggestions as to what would cause this and how to fix it?
>> It appears to have occurred several hours after I last made any changes
>> the code.
>
> Any chance the permissions on the /var/lib/php/sessions got changed?
>
> Maybe a change to the global php config or a php config in a .htblah file
> (I forget what apache calls them).
>
> It has been years since I dealt with sessions in php though.
>
> --
> Len Sorensen

Stephen W. Clarke
Marketing and Communications Officer