a plea: trim quoted text & don't top-post

D. Hugh Redelmeier hugh-pmF8o41NoarQT0dZR+AlfA at public.gmane.org
Tue Nov 1 18:14:16 UTC 2011

I just got a 300 line message with 6 lines of added content in one
lump.  Please consider the reader and be selective in your quoting.

I encourage you to not top post on this list.  I guess that is covered
by the previous point since top isn't selective.

People on this list should already have recently seen what you are
quoting.  Interleaved selective quoting often helps pinpoint what you are
referring to, but this is seldom the case for wholesale quoting.