sftp

Randy Jonasz rjonasz-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Fri May 27 20:22:34 UTC 2011

Hello everyone,

I was wondering if anyone could offer me some advice.  When someone logs in
to a server using sftp, can I have a login script execute?  And another
script execute when they log out?  I tried editing /etc/bash.bash_logout and
/etc/bash.bashrc only to discover a sftp connection does not spawn a shell.

Thanks!

Randy

*It is evidence of an ambitious and presumptuous brain, full of vanity and
envy, to wish to persuade others that there is but a single way of
investigating and coming to the knowledge of nature; and of a fool and a man
without judgement to believe he possesses it.- Giordano Bruno *