Linux Position at my company

John Miles jmiles242-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Thu May 26 19:07:06 UTC 2011

Yes - event correlation is an integral part to what we do.
There is then the action one can take on that traffic, and that is also a
very important thing we do.
An then, there is the propagation of what we learn that then immediately
benefits all the other environments we manage.

An interesting part of this whole process the presentation and organization
of the information one obtains.
It is all well and good to detect something and alert on it but some
interesting things had to be done within the alerting mechanisms and
monitoring portals to keep the humans able to digest such a wide range of
notifications. It is interesting; it is almost as hazardous to 'over-alert',
than it is to raise fewer alerts.

Anyhoo - all I can say, is it is a very interesting business to be a part
of, and really awesome how Linux is an integral and permanent part of it.

John.