Cable modem users could get static IPs soon.

James Knott james.knott-bJEeYj9oJeDQT0dZR+AlfA at public.gmane.org
Thu May 19 16:18:51 UTC 2011

Lennart Sorensen wrote:
> Would be nice, especially since an ISP can not give end users less than
> 264  addresses.

I believe single addresses are permitted, as the tunnel broker I deal
with can provide both subnets and single addresses.  My home network
gets a subnet, but my notebook, when away from home can get a single
address.  Their client can be configured to do either.  However, I agree
about them handing out subnet to home & business users.  The IPv6
address space is so huge, there's absolutely no reason to be stingy with
addresses.