Linux OLPC and Toronto Public Library WiFi

Eric Battersby gyre-Ja3L+HSX0kI at public.gmane.org
Thu May 19 03:47:43 UTC 2011

I walked into a Toronto Public Library expecting my OLPC to
work right away with their WiFi.  No ping to the Internet and
the browser went to 404.  The browser is supposed to reach an
"end user agreement" page.

As per some old TLUG maillist entries, etc, I 'yum' installed
winbind and smb.
I changed /etc/nsswitch to add 'wins' to the end
of the 'hosts' line.

Later, at the library, I booted the computer and verified that
'smb' and 'winbind' were running.  Still no go.
What am I missing?

--
Eric.