Anyone tried Bell's Fibe TV?

Andrej Marjan andrej-igvx78u1SeH3fQ9qLvQP4Q at public.gmane.org
Tue May 17 14:36:16 UTC 2011

On Tue, May 17, 2011 at 8:58 AM, solarflow99 <solarflow99-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org> wrote:

> and they don't block port 25 by the looks of it.  I think many ISPs already
> blacklist it though since mail barely ever comes in or makes it out to the
> destination.
> Anyone still getting probed for open ports?  I used to get authorized scans
> years ago, not sure how they check for that now.

Rogers used to block port 25. If they no longer do I'd consider that a
regression. Let's face it -- the ship has sailed on home SMTP servers; the
overwhelming majority of mail traffic originating from home machines is spam
from Windows malware, and I for one think it's a good thing for ISPs to
block it.

Besides which, most of those IP blocks are on various blacklists anyway,
making use of a home SMTP server highly unreliable.