GTALUG talk in June

Colin McGregor colin.mc151-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Mon May 16 02:25:45 UTC 2011

On Sat, May 14, 2011 at 1:14 AM, Ori Idan <ori-RdxWQVHs3mjDN57Tih+YPw at public.gmane.org> wrote:
> Hello,
> I sent this mail to the general mailing list before I knew about this
> address so I am sending here also (sorry for the cross posting)
>
> I am a Linux user and activist from Israel.
> Me and my wife are in the process of immigrating to Canada.
> I would like to get to know Linux users from Canada.
> We will be visiting family in Canada in June and I will be happy to come to
> your meeting in June 14th.
> From the wiki it seems that no speaker has come up yet for this meeting,
> therefore I would like to offer a talk about Linux users groups in Israel
> and Linux translation to Hebrew.
> The Hebrew language in addition to using a different character set, is
> written from right to left. All these impose few problems to users who
> hardly speak English.
> I will also try to demonstrate common Linux software working in Hebrew.
> Would you be interested in hearing such a talk?

This sounds great, we would love to hear your talk. So, two questions for you:

- How would you like your talk described on the gtalug.org wiki (which
will be used as the basis for the meeting announcement)?
- Do you want/need a video projector for your talk (we can arrange for
one very easily but need to know in advance)?

Again thanks.

Colin McGregor