CPCC applies for music tax on memory cards

David J Patrick djp-tnsZcVQxgqO2dHQpreyxbg at public.gmane.org
Sun May 15 11:31:10 UTC 2011

On 15/05/11 10:22 AM, Ori Idan wrote:

> The question is what musician actually get paid?
> I guess that the musicians hardly see anything of it, only the record
> companies.

Musicians are paid on the basis of airplay frequency, so that the
musicians "on the charts" get the dough, while everyone else gets to go
fly a kite. This is the music industry using the legal system to
subsidize their operations, sweetening the deal for their top artists.

It is beyond unfair, and rewards those who don't need it, at the expense
of those who do. Robin Hood-in-reverse, as usual.
djp