CPCC applies for music tax on memory cards

James Knott james.knott-bJEeYj9oJeDQT0dZR+AlfA at public.gmane.org
Sun May 15 11:50:11 UTC 2011

D. Hugh Redelmeier wrote:
> I am annoyed because I pay the levy on blank CDs even though I almost
> never use them for private copying of music.  But that is part of the
> rough justice of the system.

I have also copied CDs for use in my car.  Again it's from CDs that I
bought and paid for, so with CD copies I'm paying twice thanks to that
levy.  Now they want me to pay a 3rd time because I've made MP3s and
OGGs for use on my smart phone?  Also,  I have a few songs that I paid
HMV for to download to those exact same memory cards they want to put
that levy on.  It seems to me those levies punish the people who are
already buying music.