Anyone tried Bell's Fibe TV?

Ivan Avery Frey ivan.avery.frey-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Sat May 14 04:13:51 UTC 2011

On 13/05/11 14:22, D. Hugh Redelmeier wrote:
> | From: Ivan Avery Frey<ivan.avery.frey-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org>
>
> | I think it's offered in my area. But I've personally decided not to purchase
> | this service because it requires Bell Internet. And I don't want to leave
> | Teksavvy at this time.
>
> Fibe is a brand name for I don't know exactly what actual service.
>
> It certainly includes FTTN (or in limited locations, FTTH).  This
> makes the last mile faster than pure copper.
>
> If Bell offers FTTN to you, the CRTC has ruled that the 3rd party ISPs
> must be allowed to do so too.  I don't know
> 1) whether Bell has complied with this ruling
> 2) Teksavvy is willing to offer it to you
>
> I seem to remember that the CRTC ruling allowed Bell to charge Teksavy
> 10% more for FTTN service.

There is Bell Fibe TV and Bell Fibe Internet. According to my
promotional materials both services are required. It appears that to get
Bell Fibe TV, I will have to get Bell Fibe Internet.

Ooops. I think it's the advertised price for Bell Fibe TV which requires
the subscription to Bell Fibe Internet.

Reading Bell's fine print, I can understand the populist animosity
towards lawyers in our society.

Ivan.