Cool, but obscure Unix tools

Christopher Browne cbbrowne-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Thu May 12 15:29:33 UTC 2011

On Thu, May 12, 2011 at 11:17 AM, Scott Elcomb <psema4-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org> wrote:
> A quick note for apt (debian/ubuntu) users looking try ack, the
> package & command are called ack-grep (ack is a Kanji character
> converter)

ack-grep is a nice extension to the notion of grep.  I particularly
like the way it avoids the need to use "find," as well as working
nicely in scm repositories by virtue of ignoring (for instance) the
internal bits of a git repo.

I couldn't find an SCM repo anywhere containing tpp ("text
presentation program"), so pulled the various versions I found on the
web and assembled them into a Git repo @ GitHub.
https://github.com/cbbrowne/tpp

I am *so* going to do my next presentation using tpp!  :-).