Linux on an HP TX2

sciguy-Lmt0BfyYGMw at public.gmane.org sciguy-Lmt0BfyYGMw at public.gmane.org
Thu Mar 31 01:13:04 UTC 2011

Hello TLUGers:

Wondering if anyone knows more about Linux on a HP TX2 TouchSmart than I do:

I have Linux installed on a 16GB USB stick, (12 GB System + 4 GB swap) to
conserve the system on the hard drive, and to try out how the USB boots
up. So, I did it and it boots fine. There are some limitations:

The buttons on the side of the screen do not change the screen orientation.

Flipping the laptop screen in tablet mode does not change the screen
orientation (it is supposed to flip the display upside-down).

The pen is almost useless. It seems to be always in select mode, with no
way to turn it off, unless I take the pen away and tap the screen with my
finger.

My finger works as a "mouse", except like the pen it is in select mode.
The difference is that a tap can toggle select mode also.

The fingerprint scanner appears to have no known driver.

Any ideas?

Paul King