opening four gnome-terminals into pre-defined positions

Digimer linux-5ZoueyuiTZhBDgjK7y7TUQ at public.gmane.org
Wed Mar 30 12:40:16 UTC 2011

Hi all,

  When working on certain projects, I like to open four gnome-terminal
windows in a particular pattern. Specifically;

1. 80x25, anchored to the top-left of the screen
2. 120x25, anchored to the top-right of the screen
3. 80x25, anchored to the bottom-left of the screen
4. 120x25, anchored to the bottom-right of the screen

  Is this scriptable or some other way automateable? I find it quite the
hassle to always have to spawn/resize/move the four windows every time I
start my computer.

It's Fedora 14, though I suspect that matters less.

Thanks!

--
Digimer
E-Mail: digimer-5ZoueyuiTZhBDgjK7y7TUQ at public.gmane.org