I bought an Android phone

Mike Kallies mike.kallies-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Wed Mar 23 21:16:49 UTC 2011

On Wed, Mar 23, 2011 at 4:58 PM, William Park <opengeometry-FFYn/CNdgSA at public.gmane.org> wrote:
> I'm currently paying Rogers $50/month for cell phone, so I'm looking for a
> cheaper alternative, either cheaper monthly or pay-as-you-go.
>
> If you add Caller-ID, how much would the price be?

I'm a very cheap person.  I'm looking at http://www.speakout7eleven.ca/ .

You have to buy one of their phones, and they don't do number
portability, but the airtime lasts a year and apparently, they're on
the Rogers network, so you can drop the SIM into a Rogers phone and it
will work.  All the extras are included, but as with all
pay-as-you-go, the $0.25 per-minute price is too high for it to be
your only phone.

$10/mo apparently also does unlimited web access.  I'm going to give
it a try, but I have to unlock my current phone to do so.

Oh and rumour has it that you have to go in-person into a 7-11 to buy
additional airtime.

-Mike