local open source project looking for help porting to Cygwin

bob 295 icanprogram-sKcZck+fQKg at public.gmane.org
Wed Mar 23 20:28:59 UTC 2011

The local SIMPL open source project (http://www.icanprogram.com/simpl) is
emboldened by its recent success in adding a PHP interface and a Mac port to
its family.

The SIMPL project began over 10 years ago with the aim to bring the
Send/Receive/Reply (QNX style) messaging to the Linux developer.   A SIMPL
application consists of two or more interacting SIMPL modules which can be
written in C, C++, Python, JAVA, Tcl/Tk and now PHP.  SIMPL modules with
different languages can be mixed in a given SIMPL application.   SIMPL
modules in a given application can be run on a single network node or
dispersed on several nodes often without even a recompile.   Up until
recently a SIMPL network had to contain at least one Linux node.  With the
Mac port this changed.

It is time to go the distance to a (cough) Windows/Cygwin port.

The SIMPL core code was able to compile without significant changes on the Mac
which tells us that it is pretty standards compliant.   Our project team has
a Linux heritage so we don't have a lot of Windows and/or Cygwin expertise
(or even systems to try stuff on).

If anyone is interested in helping out with the Windows/Cygwin port please
contact me offlist or on the SIMPL project mailing list.

Thanks.

bob