Odd networking problem

Christopher Browne cbbrowne-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Tue Mar 22 19:36:40 UTC 2011

On Fri, Mar 18, 2011 at 11:22 PM, Peter King <peter.king-H217xnMUJC0sA/PxXw9srA at public.gmane.org> wrote:
> Here's one for the experts.
>
> I have a netbook running OS X.

Unfortunately, I'm not sure we're the "hackintosh" experts you need.
If it's a generic networking problem that lives outside the machine,
then maybehaps.

If, on the other hand, the Darwin kernel is being pressed to connect
to hardware that Apple didn't write it to know how to use, well,
that's a matter that might need to be referred to folks at Apple, who
mayn't be very enthusiastic about working on supporting hardware that
they didn't intend to support.  I think there's a fair risk of this
latter :-(.

I don't think you can realistically expect to get "seamless clean
Apple support" unless you're using their hardware.