Odd networking problem

William Muriithi william.muriithi-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Tue Mar 22 18:51:18 UTC 2011

Peter,

> On Mon, Mar 21, 2011 at 10:17 PM, Peter King <peter.king-H217xnMUJC0sA/PxXw9srA at public.gmane.org> wrote:
>>
>> Thanks to one and all for the suggestions. Still no joy.
>>
>> The installation of OS X on a netbook is indeed a hack, but it had been
>> running smoothly with no problems for over three months before developing
>> network, umm, issues.

Ah, I see.  I now get it.  You are forcing OSX on unsupported
hardware.  This is most likely a driver's issue or the network stack
is broken somewhere.  Its most likely the later if you can not connect
using the wireless card either.

May be you should abandon OSX and keep on using Linux.  Never tried
using OSX on unsupported hardware, I basically do not feel its worth
the effort

William