An invincible file

Tyler Aviss tjaviss-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Fri Mar 18 18:08:07 UTC 2011

On Fri, Mar 18, 2011 at 10:49 AM, Dave Germiquet
<davegermiquet-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org> wrote:
> Did you try chmod 777 config.xml ?
>
> I think its possible to make the file chmod 000 config.xml as root and fix
> it with root again by chmod 777 config.xml?
>

> On Fri, Mar 18, 2011 at 1:43 PM, William Park <opengeometry-FFYn/CNdgSA at public.gmane.org> wrote:

>> > Time for an fsck.  You may have a corrupt directory, which could cause
>> > that behaviour.
>>
>> But, he already did that.  I would've guessed 'lsattr', but that's clean
>> too.
>> --
>> William
>> --
>> The Toronto Linux Users Group.      Meetings: http://gtalug.org/

> Dave Germiquet

Changing the file permissions make little difference (though I can, in
fact, do so without any errors). As root, one should be able to delete
the fail regardless of the permissions (exempting certain "attributes"
of which it has none).

As mentioned by William, I had also already umounted and fsck'ed the
filesystem, which had no errors.

I've even rebooted the box, but the file is still stuck like glue.

"Computers don't make mistakes. They can, however, execute those
provided to them very quickly"