"safe" android phone?

Tyler Aviss tjaviss-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Wed Mar 16 21:50:24 UTC 2011

I have a motorola (milestone). NEVER again would I buy their phones. New gen
meant lagging by years or even not providing updates for this phone (even
for advertised features). Locked firmware means third-party updates are
difficult at best.

I've been thinking HTC myself but would defer to others' experience with
them.