Last night's talk.

Sacha Chua sacha-bc55NVWLdWuB+jHODAdFcQ at public.gmane.org
Thu Mar 10 03:33:16 UTC 2011

Hello, Jamon, all!

How wonderful to see all these follow-up ideas and notes!

a) Edit the cfengine configuration to "do something better," and then
>> unleash it, so I don't even ever need to ssh over there.
>> b) Edit the configuration in the [Git|Darcs|Svn|...] repo, check it
>> in, and watch it get checked back out elsewhere.
>> Those represent a shift from "do stuff" to "impose policy," which
>> tends to be a more scalable way to think about administering systems.

Version control is a much better way to do things, of course, and has the
benefit of much faster editing/saving. There's version control support for
Git, Subversion, etc., to make commits, diffs, and annotations much easier.
That way, you don't even have to think about what version control system is
behind your files.

>  Go figure, I've been editing puppet manifests all day with Tramp. In
> typical (it seems to me at least) Emacs fasion, the reason for doing so is,
> well, because I can ;)

Precisely. <laugh>

My contribution to following up: =)
http://www.emacswiki.org/emacs/ScreenPlay ,