Software for streaming music from media server

Thomas Milne tbrucemilne-TcoXwbchSccMMYnvST3LeUB+6BGkLq7r at public.gmane.org
Sat Mar 5 16:15:14 UTC 2011

I have a WD Mybook World Edition that I use to stream to my PS3, but
occasionally I would like to stream music from this NAS device to my
PC running Debian Testing. I have Banshee, which is I guess the
default, but it refuses to pick up new music in the folder on the
Mybook. I've tried 'import' in Banshee, I"ve restarted the drive, it's
plain useless.

I'm curious what other people use to stream music to their PC?

--
TBM