The main advantage of a pre-loaded OS...

Walter Dnes waltdnes-SLHPyeZ9y/tg9hUCZPvPmw at public.gmane.org
Wed Mar 2 02:05:10 UTC 2011

On Fri, Feb 25, 2011 at 06:40:58PM -0500, William Park wrote

> Consider this (something I've heard):
>     What if netbooks come with cell phone builtin?
> Degree of integration with host computer will affect useability, but I'm
> sure it will be ironed out pretty fast.

  Why bother?  Mobile internet plus voip (Skype, etc) can accomplish the
same thing.  For that matter, you could make outbound calls using wifi
plus voip.  I'm one of the dinosaurs with an ancient Nokia 6015i candybar
as shown at http://www.nokiausa.com/find-products/phones/nokia-6015i
which I've had for 5 years.  Given the low cost of PAYG, I'll keep it
till it dies on me.  Use that for incoming calls, and voip outbound for
long calls.