Drobo

Jason Nicolaides voidpointer-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Wed Jun 22 14:36:18 UTC 2011

I would avoid.  We have one of the DroboPro units and I am wary of it's
durability.  We put it into a server rack and the disks didn't come online
the first time we booted the thing.  So I powered it down, pulled the plug,
made sure all the disks were seated properly, etc.  Plugged it back in and
they came on.

I don't trust them.

Cheers,
Jason

On 22 June 2011 06:48, Dave Cramer <davec-zxk95TxsVYDyHADnj0MGvQC/G2K4zDHf at public.gmane.org> wrote:

> yes, I have one. I had one problem where the power failed and I could
> not get it back up. Eventually it did, but it has some "intelligence"
> in it that I'm not sure I like.
>
> Dave Cramer
> VP Software Development
> Visible Assets Inc.
> www.visibleassets.com
>

> On Tue, Jun 21, 2011 at 10:31 PM, Digimer <linux-5ZoueyuiTZhBDgjK7y7TUQ at public.gmane.org> wrote:
> > On 06/21/2011 09:34 PM, Thomas Milne wrote:
> >>
> >> Anyone used these? They look completely awesome.
> >>
> >> http://source.ncix.com/lp4/drobo_refresh/index.html
> >
> > We just got one at work. It took a bit of fiddling to get working, but
> it's
> > fine now. We've got the 8-port iSCSI/SAN model B800i
> > (http://www.drobo.com/products/drobosanbusiness.php).
> >
> > --
> > Digimer
> > E-Mail:              digimer-5ZoueyuiTZhBDgjK7y7TUQ at public.gmane.org
> > Freenode handle:     digimer
> > Papers and Projects: http://alteeve.com
> > Node Assassin:       http://nodeassassin.org
> > "I feel confined, only free to expand myself within boundaries."
> > --
> > The Toronto Linux Users Group.      Meetings: http://gtalug.org/

"Surround yourself with all you own,
Work your fingers to the bone,