Hello World for Writing Linux Device Drivers?

Robert P. J. Day rpjday-L09J2beyid0N/H6P543EQg at public.gmane.org
Fri Jun 17 13:47:22 UTC 2011

On Fri, 17 Jun 2011, Jamon Camisso wrote:

> On 06/17/2011 09:40 AM, Robert P. J. Day wrote:
> >   at the risk of sounding self-serving, i have an online course in
> > beginners' linux kernel programming, for which the first several
> > lessons are free and should give you what you need.
> >
> > http://crashcourse.ca/introduction-linux-kernel-programming/introduction-linux-kernel-programming
> >
> > if you work through those first lessons and something doesn't appear
> > to work, let me know and i'll fix it.
>
> You beat me too it by mere seconds..
>
> I've been meaning to do the free part to see if it is worth me
> continuning further with it. How has the response been since you
> moved it off the wiki?

  quite good, although i definitely need to add a bit more content, as
i promised that i would add at least a few more lessons.  and some of
what's there should be updated.  but still, the first few free lessons
should get someone to the point where they can do their first "hello,
world" module.

rday

p.s.  if you're at linuxcon this august in vancouver, i'm giving a
2-hr tutorial for beginning kernel programmers.

                        http://crashcourse.ca