Looking for Speakers or Topics

Peter King peter.king-H217xnMUJC0sA/PxXw9srA at public.gmane.org
Wed Jun 15 18:54:50 UTC 2011

On Wed, Jun 15, 2011 at 02:23:37PM -0400, CLIFFORD ILKAY wrote:

> How about a talk on the occupational hazards of being a desk jockey and
> what you can do to mitigate them? I got a (non life threatening) wake up
> call last year and started really paying attention to my health. In the
> process, I've learned more in one year about the topics of health,
> fitness, and nutrition than in all my prior years combined. I've gone
> from a paunchy, middle-aged geek to a lean, athletic guy who I'm told
> looks 10 years younger. My productivity is much higher. I have so much
> more energy and I feel great! I want everyone to feel the way I do so
> I'm happy to share what I've learned with anyone. The kicker is that
> none of what I've done has been tremendously difficult and only required
> learning and applying some crucial bits of information. In fact, it has
> been downright fun, something which I never would have imagined it would
> be. I could and should have done this years ago but I was caught up in
> the whole silly "I'm too busy right now. I'll get to it someday." There
> isn't a day of the week called "Someday" on the calendar so if you're
> currently in this mode, and I know based on having met many of you, you
> probably are, you need to take action sooner rather than later. In this

I would be *delighted* to hear a talk on this subject by someone who is
not trying to sell me personal training lessons, sign up for courses, or
any of the other moneymaking nonsense that obscures most of the fitness
facts one needs to know. Count me in, sign me up, I'll be there.

Peter King			 	peter.king-H217xnMUJC0sA/PxXw9srA at public.gmane.org
Department of Philosophy
170 St. George Street #521
The University of Toronto		    (416)-978-4951 ofc
Toronto, ON  M5R 2M8
       CANADA

http://individual.utoronto.ca/pking/

GPG keyID 0x7587EC42 (2B14 A355 46BC 2A16 D0BC  36F5 1FE6 D32A 7587 EC42)
gpg --keyserver pgp.mit.edu --recv-keys 7587EC42