OTA HD [ was: [OT] HDTV recommendations? ]

Lennart Sorensen lsorense-1wCw9BSqJbv44Nm34jS7GywD8/FfD2ys at public.gmane.org
Mon Jun 13 19:50:51 UTC 2011

On Mon, Jun 13, 2011 at 12:28:11PM -0400, Dave Germiquet wrote:
> The issue I have with it, is that Digital is either good on, or it goes in
> or out, or not in at all.
>
> At least with Analog OTA you could watch still with a somewhat static
> picture if you didn't have fully good coverage.

Well you are vastly more likely to get a perfect picture with digital than
you were to get a crappy picture with analog from a given transmitter.

A great analog picture seems rare, while a perfect ATSC signal is
quite common.  I think it handles bad signals a lot better than analog
did.

So I do think in almost any cases where you were getting a bad picture
on analog, you would be getting a perfect picture with digital.  It would
have to be rather bad before you lost the signal on digital.

--
Len Sorensen