[OT] HDTV recommendations?

James Knott james.knott-bJEeYj9oJeDQT0dZR+AlfA at public.gmane.org
Mon Jun 13 16:34:23 UTC 2011

ted leslie wrote:
> rogers is all 1080i, and a few people i know with bell say its mostly
> if not all 720p.

There are (or were) several 720p channels on Rogers.  I currently have
my cable boxes set to convert everything to 1080i, but IIRC, some
channels, such as Equator and Oasis, along with WKBW(?) were 720p.  Of
course, with normal viewing distances, it's harder to see 1080 lines on
smaller sets.  Computer monitors are the exception to this, as you
normally sit quite close to them and resolution is more important.